- What is The Rainbow Award?
- The Rainbow Award was created to honor gay, lesbian, bisexual and transgendered Web authors for their specific contribution to the GLBT Web community.
- Who will receive the Award?
- Currently, The Rainbow Award will be conferred upon those deserving individuals of the GLBT community.
In the future, we may honor gay-friendly sites if enough interest
is expressed, but they must meet our minimum requirement.
- What does The Rainbow Committee look for when they review a submission?
- We are looking for "excellence" in content, design, creativity, presentation or overall concept of the site submitted/nominated.
However, it is not necessary for a submission to meet all of the above criteria. A site may be awarded purely on content only if that content portrays our community in a positive way or makes
a significant contribution to the GLBT community at large.
- What is the minimum requirement to be considered?
- The site submitted or nominated must contain some positive
gay content which The Rainbow Committee would deem as
- How often are sites reviewed for The Rainbow Award?
- The Rainbow Committee will review sites approximately once
every two weeks.
We visit sites more than once over that time period.
- Who will you notify by e-mail?
- The Rainbow Committee will only notify those people who have won The Rainbow Award.
Unfortunately, due to the number of submissions, it is not
possible for us to reply with recommendations on changes or improvements.
- If I am not honored with the Award, may I resubmit my homepage for consideration?
- We wish that every site submitted could receive The Rainbow Award. However, the purpose of our Award is to recognize
"GLBT Excellence", in some form on the Web, and not just give awards for creating a "gay" Web site. In this way, we feel that
Web author's will strive to achieve this "Excellence".
A reasonable length of time should be observed to give yourself
an opportunity to reach this goal before resubmitting your site.
- I don't have a homepage. Can I nominate my favorite site on the Web?
- Yes, please do. We welcome nominations if they meet our standard criteria.
However, we do ask that you notify the author of that page first, and let them decide if they wish to participate.
- I actively support the GLBT Web community. Is there a way in which I can help generate interest for your site to get more people involved?
- Yes. We have created two general logos which you can freely use on your homepage to link back to us. These logos are not considered awards but are for linking purposes only. You will find them on our "Logo Designs" page.
Thank you in advance for your support.
- Will you be honoring commercial Web sites?
- Yes. The Rainbow Committee will honor not only non-commercial sites but commercial ones as well.
- If I am honored with the Award, is there a preference to where the logo should be placed?
- Yes. The Rainbow Award logo should be proudly displayed on your index or main page in a prominent location. You may also place the logo on an awards page if you wish.
Sites accepting our Award but not displaying the logo will lose the privilege of appearing in "The Winner's Circle".
If you find your site missing from our list of winners and you are displaying the Award logo, please e-mail The Rainbow Committee with the URL location of the Award, and we will promptly add
you to "The Winner's Circle".
- Should I link back to your site?
- Yes, please. We will have a permanent listing for you in our "Winner's Circle"; and by linking back to our site, everyone will have a chance to view the other winning pages as well.
Please link to www.gayamerica.com/awards/
An appropriate line of text may be added with The Rainbow Award logo if you wish.
- Can I resize or change the Award logo?
- No, defintiely not!
At this time we offer three different sized logos. There are three with a border and three without. These are the only logos that are officially recognized. Please make your selection from the "Logo Designs" page.
The Rainbow Award logo designed by George Farrell MUST NOT be changed or altered in any way. It should not be added to or taken away from and must be displayed as is. Anyone not complying with or disregarding this request will be excluded from our list of winners.
The Rainbow Committee will visit winning sites from time to time to see if honorees are in compliance with our request.
Thanks in advance to all winners for honoring our wishes.
~~ The Rainbow Committee
Brought to you by
Over 3.5 MILLION hits per month & 375,000 unique visitors per month
Copyright © Ambush, Inc. All Rights Reserved ®
828-A Bourbon Street, New Orleans, Louisiana, 70116-3137, USA